By: Matt Sorenson, Scoutmaster
This summer, instead of returning to Camp Maple Dell for our annual Deacon Scout summer camp, we are planning a 4-day river rafting trip down the Colorado river, which includes merit badge classes in the evenings. Scouts should be able to earn 3-5 merit badges, including: Whitewater, Kayaking, Rowing. The trip will be operated and outfitted by White Water River Expeditions out of Moab.
I've made an initial reservation for the week of June 18-21.
The cost of this trip will be approximately $175.00 per person.
It may be impossible to find a single week that accommodates the families of all 17 deacons. If there are problems with the current reservation I'll do my best to finalize a week that accommodates the most deacons. Fathers are welcome to join us.
Let me know if you have any initial questions.
I have been in scouting since I was 8 years old. I am an Eagle Scout and have served as Assistant Scoutmaster, Unit Commissioner, Cubmaster, Scoutmaster and Charter Organization Representative. I am currently serving as a Scout Committee Member. This blog has a few items I have collected over the years that may help assist you in your scouting adventures.